Updates from the Quest Portal development team.
Nov 27, 2023
Your dice formulas just got an extra something!
Wow, make your dice formula extra pretty!
- Choose an icon and give your dice formula that special something. Perfect when you have many actions that you quickly want to tell apart or just make it extra pretty! ✨
- We added a pop-up reminder for you, sometimes you need to log-in again to have the latest version of our features. Just be aware sometimes the changes are behind the hood so you might not notice 👀
- You can now take a picture of yourself on the mobile app if you want to update your profile pic on the fly! 📸
- We made improvements to our internal tools this week, which has made the content team incredibly happy and allowed us to move faster with conversion ❤️
- We fixed a bug where the GM characters where not showing on mobile👀
Nov 21, 2023
Mobile 1.5.4 is now live
Mobile version 1.5.4
- We have a new mobile release 1.5.4 that just came out where we spent some time improving and fixing a couple of things
- We published a video walk through of The Haunting of the one shot scenarios on Quest Portal
- Enhanced the visual design of certain UI elements
- Smoother toggle animation for session audio
- Some scene deck fixes so now it’s easier to pick a variant!
- We fixed the save and cancel button functionality in the scene deck
- Fixed syncing on claimable characters between mobile and web
- Resolved issues with pings and measure tools not working after changing scenes
- Fixed a crash related to maps in scenes.
Nov 13, 2023
Audio Channel Toggle - better for your session prep!
Our new Audio-Channel Toggle is out
Happy Monday people!
We have added a shiny new audio toggle that allows you to stay out of the audio channel when in session.
Why is this great?
- Now you can prep a session without being on the audio channel, great for your battery.
- It’s also a handy little feature if you are playing at home, perhaps while using our Call of Cthulhu Character Sheets
- We were featured on Tabletop News! Check out the show ❤️
- We are updating our blog all the time so make sure to have a look! Our latest one is about AI. AI in TTRPGs: Innovation or Invasion?
- We improved the look and feel of the top bar when using the audio-channel toggle in session.
- We fixed the image upload when creating new scenes. Now you should be able to search to your heart’s content.
- Android performance issues with mobile drawer, now you should have no problems scrolling the pop-up drawer.
Nov 6, 2023
Drag and Drop to Scenes
Drag and drop to upload scenes or tokens.
Wow! Want a new scene or to quickly add a token? Boom! Just drag and drop a file onto the current scene and it will appear. Supports uploading multiple files to create multiple tokens or a scene with multiple variants.
- You can catch the last few events available at Start Playing Games for learning how to play Call of Cthulhu.
- We released a great overview of The Lightless Beacon scenario for Call of Cthulhu on Youtube.
- We released a new page for our Quest Portal Pro offering.
New scenario: The Haunting
A classic Call of Cthulhu scenario, a perfect introduction 7th edition of the game.
- The Quest Portal Assistant now shows you the correct chapter name in the source its using.
- We improved how our main navigation and toolbars display on small screens.
- Players can claim multiple characters.
- We made many small improvements to our marketing web, e.g. a really cool right click on our logo to download the asset.
- Fixed an issue where the library sidebar wouldn't scroll to the correct place after opening a library link from the Assistant.
- Fixed a bug with campaign transfer ownership where it wasn't possible to transfer if a character didn't have a character sheet.
Oct 30, 2023
Transfer Ownership Feature
Now you can transfer ownership of campaigns
We are excited to tell you that, now you can transfer campaigns over to your friends! 🧙
Transfer Ownership Feature
We are working hard just giving everything that extra touch!
Oct 25, 2023
Highlights tabs for your investigator is here!
Highlight tab for your investigators is here!
We introduce the highlights features for your Call of Cthulhu character sheet. You can now customise your character sheet and have the most used skills within reach.
Oct 19, 2023
Quest Portal Pro has just launched!
Quest Portal Pro is a new exciting step on our journey.
You can now use the Quest Portal Assistant, Library Link and The Avatar Generator with your Pro subscription.
Forge Connections with Library Link
The Library Link gives the Quest Portal Assistant access to knowledge about supported TTRPGs and brings you directly to the source of its answer!
Quest Portal Assistant in your campaign
Choose the Quest Portal Assistant you want to support your campaign. At the moment we have support for Call of Cthulhu, DnD 5e and Blades in the Dark with more exciting things to come.
The Avatar Generator
Make an NPC on the fly that your party decided to take to the road or bring to life your favorite characters.
We are so excited that this moment has arrived and we cannot wait to see what adventures you come up with!
Oct 16, 2023
Our library just got even more exciting!
Library showing three books, Call of Cthulhu, 5e SRD and Forged in the Dark
Go explore new worlds!
We are excited to announce that we have added two new SRDs to the library. You can now go and create new worlds with the DnD 5e SRD, or perhaps you want to go and play in a dark fantasy city using the Blades in the Dark SRD. Whatever you come up with, we would love to hear about it on our discord!
- We have added the SRD for 5e DnD and Blades in the Dark Game System for you to explore!
- Now you can use the Bookmarks Feature, which makes it much easier to save sections you might need for your game!.
- We have updated the linking feature in the library, so you can jump from section to section.
- Small bugs here and there and cosmetic updates.
Sep 29, 2023
Scene Folders are here!
Image of the Scene Folder Feature at Quest Portal
We have been working hard and getting ready for some great new things that are coming in the next couple of weeks! For now please enjoy the new Scene Folder feature!
- Scene folders are here to help you organize. Gone are the days of the overwhelming amount of awesome scenes. Now you can tuck them into a neat folder!
- We have been tinkering and tidying up little things here and there, to overall improve your experience of Quest Portal.
- We have been fixing cosmetic things to make everything more seamless. We are also super excited for things to come!
Sep 15, 2023
New Avatars for all your NPC needs.
New Avatars on Quest Portal
Oh no, not again!
Have your players latched onto the NPC named Peter and won't let them go?
Well, you are in luck, we just uploaded 400 new avatars to our character library so hopefully you find something to inspire you! 👀
✨ New Avatars